Social Forum

Picture of Frederick Dixon
Re: Calling all iMooters in withdrawal….
by Frederick Dixon - Tuesday, 20 May 2014, 11:23 PM

If you want to keep with BigBlueButton, as a special offer for iMoot 2014 participants, I've gone ahead and setup a dedicated place for iMoot 2014 users to get together over the coming months.

It's at http://imoot.blindsidenetworks.net/ and the passwords are

moderator: mimoot
  presenter: student

This is an open BigBlueButton landing page, so please keep this within the iMoot community.

iMoot Lounge
Regards,... Fred
--
BigBlueButton Developer

Picture of Stephan Rinke
by Stephan Rinke - Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 3:25 AM

That's brilliant, Fred!

Thanks!

Best from Germany where summer has finally arrived (had first BBQ today),

Stephan

Picture of Karrie Vitti
by Karrie Vitti - Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 6:46 AM

Thank you so much Fred!  We already posted the other link for tonight on social media sites so hopefully we can get a few people and use BBB for future…. THANKS :) Hope you can join us!

Picture of Frank Fucile
by Frank Fucile - Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 1:52 PM

hi all

Yes, looks like there are a number us that would like to continue to connect - thanks Fred for setting up this dedicated  BBB room for us.

Karrie - sorry I was not able to attend this evenings session as I had a family event to attend. I will follow up with you via email so that we can can connect and discuss and then  we can bring other folks that are interested into the conversation.

I have also pushed this out over LinkedIn and Twitter to see how many folks are interested

cheersf

rank 

Picture of Gareth J Barnard
by Gareth J Barnard - Thursday, 22 May 2014, 1:11 AM
Group iMoot Team

That is totally awesome Fred, thank you.

Picture of Natalie Denmeade
by Natalie Denmeade - Thursday, 22 May 2014, 7:05 AM

That's great news Fred, thankyou.  We met yesterday and enjoyed re-connecting with some iMooters. After chatting with Karri, how about  we meet regularly on the first Wednesday  of the month (June 4th)

•  New York (U.S.A. - New York) 9:00:00 AM EDT UTC-4 hours 
  •  Sydney (Australia - New South Wales)  11:00:00 PM AEST UTC+10 hours 
  • London (United Kingdom - England) 2:00:00 PM BST UTC+1 hour 
  •  Corresponding UTC (GMT)  at 13:00:00 

Proposed agenda ( flexible): 

(Karri and Nat are happy to co-host the first session)

•  5 minutes - Greetings 
  • 15 minutes - Show and Tell us your Moodling successes. Screen sharing encouraged. Hi-fives all around for our achievements. 
  • 30 minutes - Peer advice. A popular event at iMoot2014 "On Your Case - Peer Advice For Your Moodle Dilemmas" participants are invited to propose their cases for the peer advice process (the focus should be on psychological, social, methodolocial or pedagogical issues rather than technical ones).
  • 10 minutes + Chat time
We could also do another session on the third Wednesday of the month  12 hours earlier than the times mentioned above to cater for different time zones. (Sydney time Wed 11 am)

How do those times suit you all?
Picture of Stephan Rinke
by Stephan Rinke - Thursday, 22 May 2014, 10:31 PM

Hi all,

the time suits me well! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Best from sunny and hot Germany,

Stephan

Picture of Jeremy Hopkins
by Jeremy Hopkins - Thursday, 22 May 2014, 10:51 PM

Hi Natalie, That's a great idea and the time suits me at least, Ill stick that in my diary :-)
Picture of Frank Fucile
by Frank Fucile - Saturday, 24 May 2014, 3:54 AM

Hi Nat

Yes, this works great. Karrie and I had a Skype Chat this morning and she filled me on what you were doing - thanks to you 2 for taking the lead and moving this forward

Let me know what you think and I can start pushing out the message over Twitter/Linkedin, etc

In the Linkedin imoot group I have started a thread as well - http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswers?viewQuestionAndAnswers=&discussionID=5874214077353439234&gid=3710745&commentID=5875423182323728384&trk=view_disc&fromEmail=&ut=2_gErMWXL5gCg1

cheers

frank

Kim
by Kim Salinas - Saturday, 24 May 2014, 6:22 AM

This is an awesome idea....mini imoots!!

The time works well for me. I wasn't able to attend the 1st one, but will try to make them from now on. 

Thank you Karri, Nat, and Fred (BBB)!

Picture of Jane Lally
by Jane Lally - Saturday, 24 May 2014, 7:59 PM

The proposed time suits.

Mich in Antarctica
by Michelle Hollister - Friday, 30 May 2014, 7:48 AM

Great! That sounds fantastic!!! :)  Would be great to have ongoing community momentum!

Kim
by Kim Salinas - Friday, 30 May 2014, 10:06 PM

I have to work Wednesday for 9 more weeks, so if you do the other option please post. Otherwise, I hope to join y'all in a few meetings from now!

Re: Calling all iMooters in withdrawal…. June 4th reminder
by Natalie Denmeade - Sunday, 1 June 2014, 2:43 PM

June 4th (UTC / GMT  at 13:00:00 ) - make a note in your diaries 

iMooters will meet regularly on the first Wednesday  of the month, Karri and Natalie are co-hosting the first session.

•  New York (U.S.A. - New York) 9:00:00 AM EDT UTC-4 hours 
  •  Sydney (Australia - New South Wales)  11:00:00 PM AEST UTC+10 hours 
  • London (United Kingdom - England) 2:00:00 PM BST UTC+1 hour 

Proposed agenda: 

•  5 minutes - Greetings 
  • 15 minutes - Show and Tell us your Moodling successes. Screen sharing encouraged. Hi-fives all around for our achievements. 
  • 30 minutes - Peer advice. A popular event at iMoot2014 "On Your Case - Peer Advice For Your Moodle Dilemmas" participants are invited to propose their cases for the peer advice process (the focus should be on psychological, social, methodological or pedagogical issues rather than technical ones).
  • Requests for volunteers to host the next session (Karri or Nat will be around for tech support)
  • 10 minutes + chat time
Picture of Frank Fucile
by Frank Fucile - Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 12:18 AM

Hi Nat and Karrie

Will you be using the BBB site that Fred set up for us below - I want to make sure as I will be pushing this our over my twitter/linkedin network as wll

It's at http://imoot.blindsidenetworks.net/ and the passwords are

moderator: mimoot
  presenter: student

cheers
frank
by Natalie Denmeade - Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 2:19 PM

Hi Frank,

That is the BBB room we will be using. I wanted to check  about who can access the room, as publishing the passwords on Social Media is risky. What do you think Vinny and Fred?

Fred, did you mean that moderators password is 'mimoot' 

and viewer password is 'student'

Natalie

me trying to look cool
by Vinny Stocker - Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 4:03 PM

Yes Natalie, that room that Fred set up is public, so anyone with the link / pwd could enter.

As I posted a little while back, Pukunui / Blindside Networks are happy to continue to support the iMoot site so I could set up a course on the site here with a BBB room. The other advantage of keeping it in one place would mean you could use all the Moodle tools on the course too. What do people think?

Vinny

Picture of Gareth J Barnard
by Gareth J Barnard - Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 5:41 PM
Group iMoot Team

Keep it here were the iMoot community exists and has legitimate access :)

Plus, could be a means of discussing next years iMoot with everybody.

Picture of Stephan Rinke
by Stephan Rinke - Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 7:36 PM

Fully agree, Gareth! 

So hope I can join you all tomorrow. Will be decided after lunch whether I can be there...

Best,

Stephan

Picture of Frank Fucile
by Frank Fucile - Wednesday, 4 June 2014, 5:47 AM

Hey Vinny Yes, perfect sense to keep the mini imoots enclosed here as we move towards the imoot 2015 so that we can capture the lessons learned, etc Also, I am happy to provide additional BBB support for the sessions when possible - so if Ok you can add me as a teacher in the Moodle course and a moderator to the BBB room cheers frank