Ideas & Suggestions

Picture of Frank Fucile
imoot monthly unconference?
by Frank Fucile - Tuesday, 20 May 2014, 1:40 AM

Hi all

As most of us that attended imoot this year I am feeling a bit down now that the imoot is over.

Aside from the excellent planned presentations this year I made an effort to attend the "unconference" sessions and quite enjoyed meeting and getting to know folks 

I am wondering if we can take the momentum built up here at the imoot to see if there any folks interested in a "monthly" conference session - very informal no planning no structure required just a chance to have a chat and lets us know what we are all doing Moodle, online learning, or otherwise - food, fun, etc

I would be happy to facilitate the sessions as I am working quite closely with Fred and his team at Blindside with a "Sandbox" project for BBB here in the province of British Columbia.

Happy to get your feedback 

cheers

Frank

Picture of Jane Lally
Re: imoot monthly unconference?
by Jane Lally - Tuesday, 20 May 2014, 7:42 PM

A great idea, Frank. I'd take part.

Picture of Dave Sherwin
by Dave Sherwin - Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 3:28 AM

Frank - I am also interested in monthly BBB "unconference" discussions about Moodle.  It appears as if Fred has already setup a BBB for iMoot participants http://2014.imoot.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=155&parent=522.

How will we keep up to date about dates and time of sessions?

Thanks...
.             ...DBS

PS: There is also a start of another discussion about the same concept in the Social Forum started by Karrie so that we do not duplicate processes

Picture of Karrie Vitti
by Karrie Vitti - Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 6:43 AM

Hi Frank,

Natalie and I have been trying to get this to happen every year for the last four years!!!  Join us tonight if you can we posted the following in the Facebook iMoot group "Calling all iMooters in withdrawal…. Natalie and I would love to host a happy hour tonight at 9:15 EST (New York). Since we don't haves access to BigBlueButton we will be using an adobe connect roomhttp://web.adobeconnect.com/tmt/ (sorry Fred) Feel free to join us and to share this post"  Lets plan them every month!!!   I just got your email, it went to spam.  I'll reach out to see when we can touch base.  I'm glad I got to meet you at iMoot :)

Picture of Karrie Vitti
by Karrie Vitti - Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 6:44 AM

I guess I should have read Daves message before I responded.  Can you guys join us tonight and we can figure it out from there?