Social Forum

Picture of Gareth J Barnard
Best iMoot 2014 moment
by Gareth J Barnard - Sunday, 18 May 2014, 10:03 PM
Group iMoot Team

Hi iMooters,

What has been your best iMoot 2014 moment?

Cheers,

Gareth and the iMoot team.

Picture of Jean-Marc Doucet
Re: Best iMoot 2014 moment
by Jean-Marc Doucet - Sunday, 18 May 2014, 10:27 PM

Hi Gareth

Too hard choice !  ..

1) The eggs box demonstration by @Guido :  B56 Translation content using XLIFF !! 

1) The widespread impression that the world is a village, a world orange of learning and knowledge (but not in french language, for sure !)

---A big ''thank you'' to the 2 organizers are kindly stayed in my presentation  without laughter !! (without them I was alone ..with  my  black-out )  

It was my first time ;-) but no regrets !! 

Picture of Gareth J Barnard
by Gareth J Barnard - Sunday, 18 May 2014, 10:51 PM
Group iMoot Team

Thank you Jean-Marc :)

Picture of Maureen Perkins
by Maureen Perkins - Monday, 19 May 2014, 4:55 AM

Awwww now I feel bad that I couldnt stay awake to come to your session. It sounded interesting but have to be awake for a work meeting this morning.

no grey hair because of moodle!
by Guido Hornig - Monday, 19 May 2014, 2:23 PM

Bon your Jean-Marc

thank you for mention my XLIFF-model egg-box.

For me was this international village a big motivation to contribute more than I had planned!

Good community! Please continue.

Picture of Tom Wilson
by Tom Wilson - Monday, 19 May 2014, 1:51 AM

I presented last year ay Imoot, and my best moment was to be selected again for this year's Imoot. I was really impressed with the improved stability and performance of Big Blue Button this year. I am a big fan of BBB and have it installed in a separate server in my office as a backup for  all of my telehealth consults.         

Picture of Frederick Dixon
by Frederick Dixon - Monday, 19 May 2014, 4:10 AM

Thanks Tom for the feedback .  Much appreciated.

Regards,... Fred
--
BigBlueButton Developer

Sarah Ashley and Sammy
by Sarah Ashley - Monday, 19 May 2014, 4:27 AM

A secret wish for a live developer demonstration session echoed by Farhan came wonderfully true when Tim Hunt offered to fix bug tracker item 44333, impromptu, live and unscripted!

Then it was dashed when I thought it would happen on Sunday morning in my TZ while I was in church...

Then magically I saw it pop up as the next session on Saturday morning and I whooped for joy so loudly I woke my sleeping baby...       o_o

Still my best iMoot 2014 moment!!!

Thank you for making my Moot! :-)

Picture of Paula Clough
by Paula Clough - Monday, 19 May 2014, 6:20 AM

I have to agree with Jean Marc. The feeling of community is a something that I really appreciate.  Also seeing the Moodle world through the eyes of so many different people: developers, instructors, business people, etc.  A chance to change my perspective just a little.

Picture of Narissa Bayler
by Narissa Bayler - Monday, 19 May 2014, 6:54 AM

Just being part of this whole event has been great.  This is a first for me and has really helped me feel like I am not alone in the job I am trying to do. Meeting like-minded and similarly employed people has been great and made me feel connected.

A wow moment was seeing all those servers used just to run Moodle at the Open University.

Picture of Natalie Denmeade
by Natalie Denmeade - Monday, 19 May 2014, 8:30 PM

The two sessions by Bas Brands and Phil Hibbits on fully using Bootstrap inbuilt styles was great to see. Improving the interface for learners has such an positive effect.

Picture of Rajneesh Chellapilla
by Rajneesh Chellapilla - Tuesday, 20 May 2014, 3:18 AM

In the Creative Uses of Moodle Database and Quiz Tool presentation I liked how stars and other progress meters similar to badges could be added to the database. I also like the idea of using the database as a repository for sharing student submissions.